Tuesday, 27 September 2016

The 2nd Day

I like to get lost in a new city. Granted, I don't have to try very hard but all the same it is a technique I can recommend. Today I did just that and lost myself in Annecy. Although I had the map vaguely in my head from Google maps, I did manage to visit some sights more than once without realising it straight away. 

Annecy is beautiful - the tourist brochures haven't made the sights look better than they actually are. I was disappointed though that Le Palais de I'lle is being worked on and has scaffolding all around it. I suppose it had to happen some time.

I did have the opportunity to amble through an artisanal market in the city centre but didn't buy anything - maybe next time.

This is a selection of some of the pictures taken today.


1 comment:

  1. I have always adored doorways, so I got my fix for today :-);
    Annecy certainly looks picturesque and peaceful. Keep on wandering and enjoy every bit of it.
    Rose, Enjoy the conference as well!.
    Big hug

    ReplyDelete