Thursday, 8 September 2016

VISA

So Rose and I have been looked at and found to be worthy visitors to France! We have our visas.

I understand that there are people who have evil intentions when visiting a foreign country and that the country concerned has a responsibility to their people to keep their country safe, but still feel uncomfortable when asked to bare everything to a CAPAGO clerk who acts as if she was trained by the Hawks (maybe she was).

Just a comment regarding the role played by CAPAGO, the exclusive agents for visas to France and Italy. When I last visited Italy I got my visa from the embassy in Pretoria; they asked for certain documents, I presented them, paid the visa fee and got my visa a few days later - quite simple. This time I had to go through CAPAGO who charge nearly 40% of the visa fee extra as their service fee. The hoops were the same, the (in)convenience was the same, the service was worse than at the embassy and yet we paid a 40% surcharge. My question is - What value does CAPAGO add?" I cannot see any value-adds. 

I did notice a few value-deducts though - information on the website was inaccurate, the website was jumbled and difficult to navigate and the service was sullen and unfriendly - although they did stick to their 48 hour turnaround.

Anyway, we are free to travel to Annecy now and starting to get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment