Monday, 26 September 2016

The 1st Day

GAlways the hardest, the first day! Driving to ORT, giving your car to a stranger (my insurers say it is OK), shuffling through queue after queue and eventually boarding the flight which was excellent - well done Etihad - then a 3 hour wait in Abu Dhabi followed by the last leg to Geneva. Everything ran according to plan, even our taxi collected us immediately we cleared customs in Geneva!

And then we get to Annecy and it is everything the tourist site say - picturesque, quaint, magnificent views, clear water in the lake and lovely weather. Couldn't have wished for more.

After checking into les Pensieres I took a walk through their gardens and then along the waterfront while Rose attended the opening lecture of her conference. Once I am done posting this I will join her for dinner.


T



No comments:

Post a Comment